Changing your airdrop name on your apple gadget helps to identify the purpose of a certain airdrop. This is especially useful if you have more than one apple device and constantly send files to your friends or family members. The challenge for many Apple gadget users is knowing how to change their airdrop name on Mac or an iPhone.
As a general guide, you can change airdrop identity name on Mac by following the steps below:
- Open the “System Preferences” and click on “iCloud.”
- Scroll down until you see Airdrop and open it.
- Click on Identity or whatever is below your name in the preferences window. Then, type in a new name to use for your Mac when sending and receiving files through Airdrop.
How to change the airdrop name on iPhone
Changing your airdrop name on iPhone can be done by doing the following:
- 1. Open the Settings and tap “General.” 2. Tap “About” and find the line that says “AirDrop.” Underneath will be your current airdrop identity name, which you can change to one that describes you better.
- 3. Click the blue-button on the right side to save your name change.
Every Mac comes equipped with a capability known as Airdrop. Apple devices may benefit from this functionality since it allows them to transfer data to other Apple devices in an effective and timely way.
Providing the devices to which it is linked are within the same range, it will function correctly. Images, pictures, documents, webpages, and other types of data may be sent fast using the Airdrop protocol.
If you choose to utilize airdrop to transfer data between Apple devices, you will be able to view a large number of Apple IDs, which may cause your Mac to become overburdened with information. As a result, if the IDs are almost similar, it becomes a major problem.
You will want to make sure that the data you are transmitting to and from your computer has been given an appropriate name before proceeding. When you attempt to transfer files, your Mac will be more readily recognized as a result of this. The steps that you must take to establish or alter the name of your Mac are extremely clear and uncomplicated.
To change the airdrop name of your Mac to something that you like, follow the steps below.
- Begin by selecting the apple symbol, which may be located in the left-hand corner of your Mac screen.
- Following that, you should select Sharing from the System Preferences drop-down menu.
- The computer name type field will be visible; there, you can enter the airdrop name that you would want to associate with your computer.
- Close the window to complete the process.
Once this is completed, you will be able to move data to and from any Apple device that is connected to the same local network, including images, videos, websites, locations, documents, and many other types of files.
However, you will only be able to do so if you are familiar with how to transfer files using Airdrop on your Mac. The methods in the next section will rapidly refresh your memory on how to distribute files using airdrop.
- You must first open the finder application. As a result, the first step is to launch the Finder application on your device.
- Then choose Go followed by Airdrop from the drop-down menu. You will be able to find this information on the menu system. The airdrop function may also be found on the sidebar of the Finder window.
Bluetooth connectivity is used for Airdrop. Broadcasting, discovering, and negotiation of connections among devices on a network are all possible with this functionality. It can also transmit data between devices. Furthermore, it establishes a connection that is both quick and safe due to the usage of encryption.
With airdrop, you can also decide whether you would like to deny or accept airdrop requests from anyone that is connected to the same network as you are. Besides appearing as a notification, the requests also appear within the AirDrop window itself.
The choice to save to files or a particular folder, like Photos, will appear when you select “Accept.” The files that you get on your Mac are immediately stored in the Files folder on your computer’s hard disk.
Sending files through AIrdrop
Select the desired receiver within the window and drag a document, a group of docs, a picture, or even other files across to him/her. Then simply place them inside the box.
Secondly, you might take advantage of the Share function, like follows:
You must first open the picture, documents, or anything that you would like to transfer to the recipient. Inside the application, choose “Share”
Pick AirDrop in the share menu which has a plethora of choices that you may select. Then, find and choose a receiver.
Before the items can be transferred, you must first for the receiving device to accept. Once everything is done, click the finish button.
Upon sending the file (or files), select the Finish button.
Airdrop is a function that allows you to send files between two distinct Apple devices that are connected to the same network through Bluetooth. Before you begin transferring data, you should make certain that your Mac has been assigned an appropriate airdrop name so that you can readily identify it while you are transferring files.
In this article, I hope that the steps that have been outlined will assist you in changing your Mac airdrop name without difficulty.