Airdrop is a popular method of transferring data between Apple devices that is both rapid and simple. However, most people who use Airdrop to send data to an iPhone often end up confusing the location of their files. So, if you’re wondering how to find your files after you airdrop them to your iPhone, Then this post is for you.
Finding the files you received through Airdrop on an iPhone is very easy. All you have to do is open the application that handles that particular type of file on your device. For example, any pictures or videos sent using Airdrop will end up in the photos application on the receiving device. The same applies to contacts, documents and audio files.
To see how and where you can find the files you received through Airdrop, Here’s how to send and locate a Pages document using Airdrop.
- The first step is to turn on Airdrop on both devices and make sure they’re connected.
- Then open the document you want to send using the Pages application.
- Open the menu and press the share button and select Airdrop. Then choose the device you want to share the document with
- On the receiving iPhone, accept the Airdrop prompt and wait for the file to transfer to complete.
- If the transfer was successful, The newly transferred file will be found in the Pages application on the receiving iPhone.
What to do if the Airdrop transfer fails
As you can see, the process is pretty straightforward. But sometimes the transfer fails, and here are some of the reasons and how to fix them.
- Check the visibility settings on both devices.
- Make sure Bluetooth and WiFi are working on both devices.
- make sure the devices are within Bluetooth and WiFi range.
- Turn off your personal Hotspot if it is active.
- Check if the receiving device can accept files from the sender.
- Check if the receiving device has enough storage space.
How to configure Airdrop on your iPhone
The following are the steps to enable Airdrop on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings and search for Airdrop.
- Select General from the menu.
- Select Airdrop from the menu. This should be placed immediately after the preceding collection of elements.
- Click “Everyone” to allow anybody to Airdrop files from their computer to your iPhone. Inbound Airdrops will still require your approval, so be prepared for that.
- A pop-up should appear on your iPhone whenever anyone Airdrops you a file, prompting you to decide whether you wish to accept the files or reject them.
- After you allow the file, the transmission starts immediately.
But then where will it go?. Remember, Airdropped files are saved in the application that handles that file type.
To confirm that the transfer was successful, Check the application that handles that file. This should immediately save and open in the app associated with those files received through Airdrop.
The location of the airdrop files depends on the type of file sent and the device receiving it. On a Mac, the files end up in the Downloads folder while on your iPhone or iPad the files end up in the application that handles that file type